Have you hit a mid-week slump? Are you tired with the same old afternoon snack you’ve been enjoying for weeks on end? Eating Paleo should be a vibrant, varied experience, so here’s a quick snack idea to perk-up your routine (and use the last few local berries available)!
1 cup Strawberries
1/2 cup Blueberries
(Really, you can use any berries).
1/4 cup raw almonds
1 1/2 tsp. raw cacao powder
2 Tbsp. coconut or almond milk (or more or less, to taste)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1. Wash and layer quartered strawberries and whole blueberries into a bowl.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend the whole almonds until they are a fine, dusty consistency (don’t puree too long, as you will wind-up with almond butter).
3. Add in the cacao powder and give the almonds another short blend. Set aside.
4. Combine your milk of choice with the vanilla and pour over the berries.
5. Dust the berries and milk with your cacao almond blend. (I like to stir it around a bit, too!)
6. Enjoy! (Preferably with a spoon so you don’t leave behind any tasty goodness!)